Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Moises Acosta III
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Problem tenant in my first home that I turned in to a rental.

Moises Acosta III
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Apr 3 2018, 11:17
Hello all, I have been renting my first property for about 5 months now to a section 8 tenant. This property was my personal home for about 5 years and I decided to rent out and test the landlord setting out. The home sitting for 2 months because of hurricane Irma and busy I ended up rushing this individual in. Per her it is 9 ppl that would be in the property and due to rushing her in I tried yo get last minute repairs in which where completed. My first visit my heart sank as I saw random ppl within my home as well as the smell of marijuana (no smoking was stipulated in contract. Than after they blew a fuse in my electrical box downing power on one side of the house. (Repaired) Now the last issue was a newer Samsung slide in stove that I bought for 1600 1.5 years old I had service company from warranty company come out and state due to abuse it was filled with roaches and that the circuit board blew he than declined to fix and he said the house was being abused. I than had a second company come out and they replaced the board to no avail they then said it was another board and yet again it would not work so they suggested I get a new stove. Which kills me as I know the stove was brand new. Also I have on the contract pest control as needed which I never did not have one prior to renting only occasional water bugs and a small issue that was corrected immediately. Now I am paying 525 for a fogging in the home as well as having to replace the stove as well. The worst part was. Having the service/pest control people say I had around 17 ppl living in the home. I would love to know how some of my fellow landlords would handle?? I am in Broward County florida and would appreciate some feedback. Thank you

Loading replies...