Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Peter Michael
  • Pierrefonds, QC
Votes |
Awesome looking 5PLEX deal in NE Quebec, too good to be true?

Peter Michael
  • Pierrefonds, QC
Posted May 15 2018, 20:22

Hey everyone! Sorry in advance if this is not the right place to ask for help and external opinions... But I've got a deal that I'm this close to buying, but I'm still worried that it may be too good to be true. Here's some info, I would greatly appreciate all the opinions you experienced folks can give me! One more thing... Sorry for the photos, these are the only ones the Realtor's got posted...

First off, I would be investing long-distance, I'm from Montreal, and the property is located in Baie Trinite, in Manicouagan. It's a relatively small coastal village with a population just over 400. It would be near impossible for me to visit the property on my own. 

Secondly, the purchase price is $52,500 CAD. There are 5 units, Three 4 1/2 units and two 3 1/2 units. Two of the 4 1/2's are currently rented for $525 a month, the other 4 1/2 is rented for $460 a month, one 3 1/2 is rented at $425 a month, and the last 3 1/2 is, according to the owner, only rented for 8 weeks totaling $1,200 of yearly income from it. 

Of course, I did my own analysis and I just wanted some opinions here, the net operating income I've got here (with a conservative $23,000 of gross yearly income, which is theoretically supposed to be over $24,000) is about $5,410. 

After a mortgage with a 20% down payment (10,500) and an estimated $2,000 of closing costs and legal fees (resulting in a $12,500 total down expenditure), net income would total just over $3,000 a year. Resulting in a COC ROI of about 24.5%.

Property management is taken care of, the realtor's helping me out with that. 

So is there anything I'm missing here? I've never purchased real estate before but I'm taking serious steps and I need to make a concrete decision soon... Any constructive feedback is appreciated! 

Thank you,

Peter

Loading replies...