Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
Votes |
Aggressive Tenant Issue

Account Closed
Posted May 26 2018, 21:40

Hello All,

For personal reasons, I am posting as anonymously.

I currently live in an apartment complex with an extremely aggressive individual. Almost daily he is cussing and screaming aggressively at the top of his lungs, I can hear him punching walls and throwing stuff in the apartment. I have personally called the police twice on him, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything and my landlord's response is "My lawyer and I can't do anything about him", even after sending videos of him going absolutely insane. He typically contains himself to his apartment, but he has a window that faces a handful of other doors/court yard, so I myself have been threatened through the window and I see other tenants running to their doors when we can hear him screaming from our parking area. I'm not sure what to do in this situation, I don't want to leave because my rent is so damn low for my area, but I also don't want to be murdered because of the guy living next door. 

Is there any solution to this if my landlord is unwilling to take any action? He is clearly damaging the apartment and instilling fear in all the other tenants in the building. Other tenants are starting to get aggravated with this and are starting to open their doors and yell at him as well, so this is just a situation waiting to explode.

Loading replies...