National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)

7 Replies

Hi,

Is anyone on this forum a member of the National Associate of Residential Property Managers?  Is it worth joining for educational and training purposes?  Is there credibility that comes with being part of this association?  We are new to property management and want to take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.  Let me know if you have any feedback.  

Thanks in advance!  

-Sandhya

Becoming a member of NARPM and attending the conferences and all the education they offer is the best thing you can do to educate yourself on the ins and outs of Property Management.   I joined NARPM just after I started in PM and it was the best business decision I ever made.   

Good morning Sandhya,

I have been a part of NARPM for many years and Highly recommend joining the group if you plan on becoming an expert in the Property Management industry.  Great source for learning the do's and don'ts of PM as well as national conventions to help grow your business.  Good luck

I have been a member since 2012 and never regretted a minute of it. Outstanding education, local and national meetings and lots of networking. If you want to be a professional in this business you need NARPM

I'm a member and it's money well spent. Here's a few reasons why:

1. You'll automatically be associated with me.

2. You will subscribe to a higher code of ethics, setting yourself apart from the rest, particularly those that just dabble in management.

3. There is a NARPM Google Group that is full of some 10-pound brains (and 2.6-pound brains like mine). Seriously, you will learn more from listening to experts than you will reading 100 books or taking 100 classes. You will find a ton of NARPM members, some with thousands of units under management and decades of experience, freely sharing their wisdom with you. I'm there, too.

4. There is an annual NARPM convention that's pretty good. However, the real education is at the Broker/Owner retreat, available only for Broker/Owners. No every-day property managers, secretaries, or spouses allowed. These are the people that make it happen and you can learn a ton. In fact, the best learning takes place through networking at this event.

I actually just joined NARPM. Excited about learning from those doing it at a much higher level than me, and networking and educational opportunities seem excellent as well!

I don't have anything specific to add other than I am a member and agree with all of the posts above. I've found that members in my area operate like a support team more so than competitors. It's been great for our business.