I recently acquired a property that had section 8 tenants in place. I have done 1 other deal like this one but have never really had an issue with section 8 until I got a letter in the mail today. The letter has a nice long list of repairs that need to be done. Now the last deal I did like this I waited until the section 8 tenants lease was up then I notified them about the property not being available after their lease so I could go in and upgrade then increase the rent. 

I dont want to do these updates now because I plan on doing a major gut job and repaint job so Id rather wait until their lease has expired or if they want to move out earlier I'm okay with that too. 

What I don't want to happen is the housing authority to not send the money and the tenants to still live there.