How easy is it to find month-to-month leases in Houston, TX?

6 Replies

How easy is it to find month-to-month leases in Houston, TX? I am planning to rent either a private room or an entire apartment in Houston. I am wondering what % of landlords would be willing to do month-to-month leases for either a private room or an entire apartment? 

Is there a general % across U.S. that are willing to do month-to-month? A lot of the websites (e.g. apartments.com) say year-long lease but can I negotiate and ask for month-to-month? Are most landlords willing to do month-to-month, 3-months or 6 months?

Originally posted by @Bryan T. :

How easy is it to find month-to-month leases in Houston, TX? I am planning to rent either a private room or an entire apartment in Houston. I am wondering what % of landlords would be willing to do month-to-month leases for either a private room or an entire apartment? 

Is there a general % across U.S. that are willing to do month-to-month? A lot of the websites (e.g. apartments.com) say year-long lease but can I negotiate and ask for month-to-month? Are most landlords willing to do month-to-month, 3-months or 6 months?

We do it.   Our published prices are for 12 months but we'll do 6 monht for +$75, 3 month for +$125 and month to month for +$250

The reason for the increase is there is a lot of cost that goes into a new lease.  The fewer months we have to absorb those costs, the more each month will be. 

I normally hesitate to publish my company name here as I don't do this to advertise but if you're looking for an apartment inside the (610) loop, I can help you out.  If you're looking more in the sticks, I likely can't.   I'm a big ILS (Inner Loop Snob) and invest that same way :)

Originally posted by @Angel McClinton :

@Cody L. Which company are you with?  Do you mainly do multi-family?

I only do mutifamily (well, mostly. -- 95%).  I don't want to give my company info out but if you PM me I'll give you our office # and you can call them.