My tenant just informed me that he lost his job and has all his stuff out of the house. What steps am I legally required to go through? He hasn't paid July rent. Is there a form I can get him to sign or just a 3 day notice to vacate is sufficient?

He also said he left a table and chair that he doesn't plan on claiming. I guess I need to have him sign something to surrender these items also?