Chicago City Violations - Seek Advice - Fence Repair

Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Posted Jul 30 2018, 10:45

Hello all,

In recent weeks the city of Chicago hit us with administrative court violations (450 Superior or 95th Ave Courts) on a couple of properties.  We have been thru tons of these and they are considered to be by us "the cost of doing business in Chicago" but they need to be dealt with.  I came up with an issue I had before but want to handle it differently this time and need BPers advice on options.

In the city, if you place a fence over 5 feet tall you need to get a permit.  I have been hit with this in the past and the fence was old in both cases in the past so I removed the fence altogether and solved the violation that way. In my current two cases, one is a wrought iron fence and the other is a newer fence I want to keep.  Both fences installed years before I bought the property.  My couple of fence guys said they don't want to deal with it so it leaves me with the question is there a company out there that will handle getting a fence permit for me for both of these properties?  

Thanks everyone:

Keywords: Cook / Hyde Park / Woodlawn / Bronzeville / 60617 / Chicago / Washington Park

@Prashanth Mahakali

GC Realty & Development LLC Logo

Loading replies...