• Rental Property Investor
  • Missouri
Votes |
Pest Control? Do you, don't you?

Alison P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Missouri
Posted Aug 1 2018, 09:21

Do you pay for pest control?  I just purchased a mobile home park ( I own and rent out the mobiles, all tenants are inherited) and have now paid for pest control for 2 separate units that were having issues with roaches.  When I follow up with the pest control guy, he tells me their places are very cluttered and a perfect breeding ground for roaches etc.  After 3 sprayings on one unit, I sent a letter to the tenant to tell them because of their clutter, I will no longer pay for pest control as the pest company is telling me they cannot solve the situation when there is so much clutter.  I am about to send the same letter to the other tenant. 

I have since found out that other tenants on the park pay for their own monthly maintenance sprayings and have been doing this as a matter of choice since they moved in to make sure they don't get any issues in the first place.

I also have 3 SFH and 2 of those tenants (also inherited) have their properties sprayed on a monthly preventative basis.

I would be interested to hear how other landlords treat this issue and who's responsibility do you believe it falls upon.

Loading replies...