I was approached by ALE solutions to rent out my home for 25% more rent per month, they can only do a 6 month lease with the option to do a month-to-month extension after that.
Are they legit?
I have read some horrible things about them on other forums.
Rental Property Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
8y
ALE is a business partner of the company I work for. They are in fact a legit company. It’s quite alarming that they are offering you 25% extra on rent. I have no idea why they would do that unless they are desperate in finding something for a client. Or, possibly their client has failed to pass other landlord screenings causing desperation.
What I will tell you about them is that they will absolutely make payments to you timely. What you will also find is that they do not screen tenants AT ALL. That is still your job. Just because a big company is offering you a tenant and extra money does not mean your property won’t get wrecked. Beware and fully screen tenants thoroughly. Their clients could be literally anyone off the streets.
FYI, they mostly contract temporary housing for insurance companies’ policy holders when their home is not liveable after an insurance loss.
Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
8y
They approached me as well. But there were no follow through from the family - which ALE were looking for a rental. I suspect that family prefer to stay put wherever they were currently in, instead of moving.
I would have went through it at a premium rent for a short term lease. Unless the short term lease ends in the slow season, then I wouldn't do it.
Rental Property Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
8y
ALE is a business partner of the company I work for. They are in fact a legit company. It’s quite alarming that they are offering you 25% extra on rent. I have no idea why they would do that unless they are desperate in finding something for a client. Or, possibly their client has failed to pass other landlord screenings causing desperation.
What I will tell you about them is that they will absolutely make payments to you timely. What you will also find is that they do not screen tenants AT ALL. That is still your job. Just because a big company is offering you a tenant and extra money does not mean your property won’t get wrecked. Beware and fully screen tenants thoroughly. Their clients could be literally anyone off the streets.
FYI, they mostly contract temporary housing for insurance companies’ policy holders when their home is not liveable after an insurance loss.