Votes
Richard Mendoza
Votes |
Homeowner Insurance for multi unit property with two addresses

Richard Mendoza
Posted Aug 5 2018, 19:29

Hello Everyone,

Newb here! 

I'm in the process in purchasing a multi unit property with two different address and just had a quick question about homeowner insurance since I called three different insurance companies and they all confused me. 

Quick background - purchase property is a triplex in CA (a duplex property- 1 bed/bath in each unit and a detached unit - 2 bed 1 bath) . The duplex has a single address and the detached has a separate address. I plan to live in one of the units in the duplex property

As i'm shopping for homeowner insurance, i gave that little background that the property has two different address and 2 out of 3 were like "what do you mean it has two addresses? that doesn't make any sense" and the last insurance mentioned that i would have to purchase a separate "landlord" owner insurance to cover the detached one since i plan to live in one of the duplex units.

I guess my question is, have any of you ever purchased homeowner insurance with a similar story as mine? 

should the insurance be under one policy or does this require two policies? the deed has both addresses listed.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...