Insurance before I can move in a renter?

1 Reply

Hello, I am new to everything about this. I’ve read tons of books and have finally got my foot in the door. I still however have questions on insuring my property while I get it fixed up before I can move a tenant in. Should I go talk to a local agent?

Hi Ashley,

Typical homeowners insurance policies won't cover fire, vandalism, liability or other types of claims on an unoccupied or vacant property. ... As a result, homeowners who want coverage for an empty or uninhabited home need to purchase unoccupied or vacant home insurance.