Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Kelly Moniz
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Experienced investor looking for advice on next move.

Kelly Moniz
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Sep 18 2018, 17:17

I have been investing in realesate since 2011. Here is a quick run down on my current situation. My father has been my 50/50 partner since day one. We buy severly distressed properties, do all the work ourselves, and rent them out. They are all cash deals. Once we run out of cash for more house purchases, we do a cash out refi on one of our homes. We have 11 properties and only 2 mortgages. All single family homes in good areas within 15 miles of where my father lives. Just east of Raleigh NC.  We manage all of the properties. We have racked up about 45k in credit card debt. Normally we would wipe out all of our cc debt after a refi before purchasing a new home. It seems as though the deals have dried up at the moment, so i am not really thinking a refi would be the best move. We have roughly 1.5m worth of realestate with only 225k worth of mortgages. We are however no longer liquid after just finishing a major renovation. So just seeing what kind of financial advice i can get to drag ourselves out of this slump. Would a hard cash loan be worth it to wipe the credit cards out with? We are able to pay ourselves a salary and contribute 4500 to the cc bills every month after all of our overhead but it would take a year to pay it all down. It would also take a year to pay back a hard cash loan. Also, any advice on a future strategy i can do with all the equity? 

Thanks 

Loading replies...