Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 5 votes
The tenant in the ADU behind my house had her vehicle stolen (not from my property). Apparently her house keys were in it when it was stolen. I am expecting she will ask me to change the locks. Who covers the cost?
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
7y
I personally would change them since they were stolen from her car. If she had lost them then I would make her pay for them. Judgement call. Is she a good tenant? If you change them yourself a lock set is only $30 to $40. If you have a handyman do it it might cost close to $100.
Maybe you offer to supply a new lockset and she gets a friend to change the locks? It is pretty easy to do.