• Investor
  • Bay Area, CA
Votes |
Can I charge to tenant, how much

Jim G.
  • Investor
  • Bay Area, CA
Posted Oct 14 2018, 16:39

After signed one year's lease, tenant stayed only 5 month then bought a house in the same neighborhood.  I was nice enough to let him out of the lease as long as I would find another tenant which I did.  However, after moving out walk through, I found 1) he didn't water the lawn in last 5 month that all lawn became brown, though the yard has well covered sprinkler systems (see the picture).  2) he didn't remove three security camera on outside walls.  I agreed to let him put on these camera and he also agreed to patch up and uninstall them when move out, but he fail to do that.  So my question:  For lawn problem can I charge the damage (such as replacement cost to him), though I don't plan to plant any new lawn (since new tenant has moved in already)?  Same for the outside camera, new tenant feel that leave them there would help to scare away potential burglary, can I charge the removing and patch up the wall cost even I plan to leave the camera along?  How much?  I though eventually I will remove the camera in future anyway.

Jim

Loading replies...