General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Dakota Enck
Votes |
Advice On Short Term Rental Models?

Dakota Enck
Posted Oct 30 2018, 08:46

I've been trying (with little success) to wrap my head around the numbers and having little to no experience in real estate investing, I could use a word or two of advice. Here's the situation:

I have a potential business partner who has a lot of capital (i.e. several million) and fantastic credit. He also has friends that are in similar situations financially. I, on the other hand, am a young entrepreneur with neither. I'd like to propose a model where leverage the partner's (him or someone else) cash and credit to cover the down payment and part or all of the mortgage while I stage, list, and manage the short term rental on Airbnb, VRBO, etc.

I'd like to work it out so that the investor receives a 20% return on his or her investment yearly, while I receive compensation for the other part. How in the world is this possible? 

Unit: 315k

30/yr fixed mortgage: 1628/mo; After utilities etc. 2k/mo

Monthly rental income: 3150/mo (126/night with 80% occupancy in a prime location) 

Cash flow excluding principal paydown, appreciation, and tax benefits: 1150/mo

How could I make this work so that he could receive a 20% annual return on his investment and I could still make money? Please comment below and help me understand how I could arrange this partnership.

Loading replies...