Rental Property Investor · Southport, IN · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 1 vote
Does anyone have any good advice on how to handle appliances in vacant rental properties? I understand you want to keep them in your name if your property is vacant but is it cost effective if your property is Vacant?
Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
@Chavis Kendrick ok, I wasn't sure what you were asking. I think you should be able to have the utilities turned off, but depending on where the property is located, you'll need to prevent the pipes from freezing. Are you planning on it being vacant long term? Its not a great idea to show a property with no utilities to prospective tenants and buyers, and there is really little cost with keeping them on
Rental Property Investor · Southport, IN · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 1 vote
7y
@Jason DiClemente but do they have to be on if the property is vacant? Basically do I have to pay a monthly utility bill for utilities no one is using?
Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
@Chavis Kendrick ok, I wasn't sure what you were asking. I think you should be able to have the utilities turned off, but depending on where the property is located, you'll need to prevent the pipes from freezing. Are you planning on it being vacant long term? Its not a great idea to show a property with no utilities to prospective tenants and buyers, and there is really little cost with keeping them on