General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Greg Stetz
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Port St. Lucie, FL
Votes |
Im a tenant and I want to buy owner financing?

Greg Stetz
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Port St. Lucie, FL
Posted Feb 11 2019, 03:04

Hi - I currently rent from the same landlady for a long time. We have a great relationship and the home is located in an amazing neighborhood that my wife and I love. Anyways - the landlady is somewhat of a buy and hold investor having 5 properties I know of. She is way behind on property taxes even on our home that we rent. She hasn’t made any major improvements the home besides new hot water heater and central AC unit. She is a retiree. She’s about $10k behind on taxes w our house according to county tax website. She has stated her struggles with cash and real estate. We offered to possibly buy it in Dec 2018. She replied “maybe next year”. When she presented the new lease in Jan 2019, it was a lease option type of contract w no definite price or dates as most of her leases are not extremely complicated or detailed. She and I spoke about it and she said we have first dibs as she mentioned she does get many mailers about it. She doesnt seem to be in a hurry. Anyways, wife and I prob cant go the traditional bank financing route at this time but we do have excellent credit. It is definitely a property worth negotiating down in price due to better looking and updated houses in this neighborhood. An investor pal of mine mentioned doing owner financing instead. Any help structuring this would be appreciated. I think this could be a great deal for both of us.

Loading replies...