• Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Votes |
Am I missing something? Cardiac Doctor wanting to rent

Edward R.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Posted Feb 17 2019, 16:17

Hi!  I have a property that I've rented for the past year.  It was vacated  as planned Jan 1st.  I rent this 3 bedroom remodeled ranch furnished in a midsized city and good location. I'm just a 1 property guy who started out just a year ago. I've listed it with a few platforms, and I'm patient for the right tenant.  So a Dr. inquired about it and if I would take a cat, (very clean).  I showed him the place, after he missed/forgot about the first appt.,  and he asked "Oh the furniture comes with it"  "price seems kind of high, any wiggle room"  Politely explained the clientele I strive to work with is relocation and short-term leases.; thus why I do furnished.

Anyways; just seemed strange a $400K+ Doctor wants to rent the 3 bedroom house; just him (never married) and his cat. Then he forgot the first appt. and when I showed it he didn't realize it was furnished. Gut tells me something is odd but hey we are all different .  nice guy, quiet /reserved  and googled out fine.   I'm still going to ask him to go through Cozy. 

I will typically do a 3 month lease; he asked month to month which I'm ok with but the inital would have to be 2-month then month to month. with pets I get 1.5x month deposit and pet fee.

Loading replies...