Craig Sutta
  • Hillsboro, OR
Votes |
Tenant Nightmare! what should i do?

Craig Sutta
  • Hillsboro, OR
Posted Jun 12 2019, 23:24

I am OR landlord.

my previous tenant had bad intentions, he started accusing me of 1 thing or the other for last 4 months and I did not renew his lease. now he has accused me of retaliation and sent me demand letter without specifying any amounts, he doesn't want to discuss anything but sue me for large sums of damages. he has a brother in law his attorney counsel.

I did a background search and found that tenant has been involved in 6 lawsuits over last 3 years, each involving him as plantiff and his brother-in-law representing him. They sue people, settle and he gets money, his brother-in-law gets attorney fees from defendants. there are 3 additional lawsuits from collection agencies against the tenant and his wife as well.

I contacted lawyers, they keep continuous $700 retainer fees, $275 for each letter, his brother-in-law will keep sending. I already received 2 vague demand letters, the return of the security deposit, etc.

lawyer thing is not working for me... I am afraid, it's just racking my bills. I want to pay him something to settle (I am not at any fault at all, except having bad luck), but his intention is not to get reasonable small sums. He doesn't want to meet or speak to me. Wants only letters mailed to him

what should i do?

can his intention be classified as "bad faith" or "vexatious litigant" how?

Loading replies...