General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Jackie Hung
Votes |
Electronic rent payment vendors - eRentPayment or alternatives

Jackie Hung
Posted Jul 2 2019, 11:18

Hi, I am currently using eRentPayment. I have just leased to a new tenant and this is a tech guy but he was having a hard time getting it set up. I am partly to blame as I didn't send him the email template that I got 2 years ago when I set up with the first tenant (who would remember something from 2 years ago!). I simply use the eRentPayment link to send the instruction but apparently he needed a renter code. I have to ask their customer services.

Pros: (1) once it is set up, it is pretty much all automated. (2) email customer service is usually pretty quick turnaround within 1 day. (3) $3.00/transaction is pretty reasonable for 1 property

Cons: (1) can be hard to set up for tenant because you need to remember to send them a renter code (2) takes 7 days to get the deposit in the bank (3) no phone support, email only.

I'm wondering if anyone else use a different vendor.  Note: Zelle is not an option for high rent payment. Zelle caps the very first time between two parties at $250 and subsequent transactions max at $2500.

I saw someone else posted about Cozy reversing rent. I have not run into problem but keeping that in mind as well.

Loading replies...