List duplex as home or apartment on Zillow?

List duplex as home or apartment on Zillow?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, been reading through these posts for a while and I'm finally ready to list my property for rent. It's a 3bd 2ba duplex. I'm unsure whether to list it under the home or apt category. I would imagine listing it under the home category would get me more attention.

Any input? Thanks!

1Reply
124 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    We list on Zillow through our property managment app Buildium and it always classifies our duplexes as 'townhomes.'  Not really exactly right but I don't have any control of that option.

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I'm going to be posting directly to Zillow. I think I'm just going to list it as a house because I think it will get more eyes (hopefully!). Thank you for the input Jill!

  • Real Estate Agent · Cary NC & Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2009 · 99 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Roybaul - just keep in mind that there's an expectation with renting a house of not having to share a wall with a neighbor ... which is most likely why the software @Jill F. is referring to classifies it as a townhouse.  You might get more views, but a lot of them are going to be worthless since the viewer was expecting a completely detached house.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.