have you ever been paid rent directly by social security?

have you ever been paid rent directly by social security?

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 555 posts · 261 votes

oh boy. I have these potential applicants who are very old, and managed by some assisted living program. 4 old ladies, cognitively impaired, disabled, from what I can infer.

The assisted living supervisor came to see my rental, and told me that rent would be paid directly from their social security, from the gov't straight to me. 4 individual payments from each of the 4 ladies' accounts.

Normally, I don't like to mess with anything involving the government. I don't know if they're going to scrutinize me, have me fill out a bunch of paper work, maybe the IRS will be on my arse. Who knows.

Have you ever dealt with such a situation? 

What can you say about this?

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.