• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Dirty tenants that pay on time

Michael Junior
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Aug 22 2019, 04:27

My tenants are filthy.

The back yard has toys all over the place- and just clutter throughout.

Yesterday I went in there unit- I had to snake a bathroom sink line that was clogged ( sediment build up not their fault). But I had to walk through there unit to get upstairs.

Literally piles of toys for their two kids and just a mess. Not sure how you could even live like this right?

I got in the bathroom also a mess- diapers and stuff throw about. Just not orderly at all. The walls have crayon writing on them from the children and what not.

Here’s where I’m torn.

They pay rent on time every time. I inherited these tenants when I bought the duplex 8 months ago. And I live on the other side.

What do I do? What can I do legally. I’m in CT, pretty tenant friendly place. The lease we had just expired. And honestly I just want them out- and replaced with some tenants of my choice. It’s an 800 sqft 2 bed 1 bath unit. It’s not fit for 2 adults and 2 children.

I’m coming here first to get some insight- if the general consensus is to speak with a lawyer I will. But I just want to get a feel for what others might do in this situation.

Loading replies...