Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
David London
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Queen, NYC
Votes |
How do you monitor your contractor 2 states away?

David London
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Queen, NYC
Posted Sep 13 2019, 17:01

Contractor is a month past deadline and not even half way done with job. (Only demo..rough plumbing and some rough electrical).
On my last visit to the site about 10 days ago there wan no progress from my previous visit 2 weeks earlier. 

Looking for suggestions on how to monitor his progress from a distance making sure he even get to the job-site.

I found the GC through the PM I hired with understanding they will check on him periodically which doesn't seem to happen as often I expected (what I discussed with them originally) and they obviously don't seem to have any influence on him sticking to schedule...contract state the deadline but doesn't specify what happen if job is not done by then.

I know renovation often go off schedule...at the same time it's hard to finish job without showing to the site!

This is my first out of state investment and had very hard time finding contractors...had about 10 contractor come and bid...some forgot to even show for their appointments...two where literally on drugs...one gave a bid 2x higher then the rest and equal to the cost of the house.

Any advise appreciated.

Loading replies...