Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Alex Get
  • Investor
  • Pikesville, MD
Votes |
How do you deal with a Tenant Who Pays Rent Late?

Alex Get
  • Investor
  • Pikesville, MD
Posted Sep 17 2019, 01:00

What do you do if you were me? Please advice?

Even though I trained them that due date is due date, My tenant moved in May 2109,it’s a year lease contract with 1st day of the month due, in June 4th, I got the first email from my tenant with explanation of  “unexpected expense occurrence during/after the move in” 

In their email they informed me that they  will be paying late with the late fee for the month of June and they paid after June 15 with the late fee, for July rent they paid a few days later of the gross period with late fee, August on time for June I was tried to respect their early communication and reluctant to file eviction on their next month of their move in.

Now I am getting another email stating as follow “

My vehicle has been totaled (I am fine) and I of course am in need of another one.

….I am completely aware that it is my responsibility to remain current in bills, however I would like to take a portion of Octobers rent to replace my vehicle ….I will be about 2 weeks late and I am also aware that this will result in a late fee “

I am careful what to respond; I want to have a good relation with my tenant and respect their early communication but don’t like the bad trend either.

Loading replies...