Tenant screening and Snapchat

8 Replies

Lol.. That's awesome. You should snapchat the looks on people's faces when they find out that's why they were rejected 😂

Users of a certain service are not a protected class. However, I wonder if an argument could potentially be made that it targets a specific age group (which is illegal).

There have been cases where certain criteria were found to be discriminatory because they disproportionately affected a certain protected class. 

You should deny these people VIA Snapchat with a photo of you wearing one of those Snapchat flower head wreaths and giving a thumbs-down in the photo.

Even better, Snapchat should make a landlord head wreath that has the flowers in it spell the word 'REJECTED!" 

"Snapchat user" is not a protected class. You could discriminate against them but it's seems childish. I've rejected people based on specific social media behaviors, like tons of posts about smoking weed which is illegal in my state, but I've never rejected someone just because they use a specific social media platform.

I kid guys, but I admit I hate all those stupid dog faces and sparkles on FB and am much less likely to rent to somebody who posts pics like that. The thought crossed my mind so I had to have some fun with it! Subconsciously is't probably true for a lot of us! 

Originally posted by @David Smit :

I kid guys, but I admit I hate all those stupid dog faces and sparkles on FB and am much less likely to rent to somebody who posts pics like that. The thought crossed my mind so I had to have some fun with it! Subconsciously is't probably true for a lot of us! 

What do you hate most:

1. Sparkles

2. Wreath crown

3. Over-sized glasses

4. Horns

5. Dog/animal face

Hands down the dog face Joe. What is it with people's fascination with putting a dog snout on their face in a picture? The worst is those who ONLY have a few Snapchat pictures of themselves and that's it, nothing else. It screams "I have no goals in life and watch TV most of the day". 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here