How to check for potentially falling tree branches

How to check for potentially falling tree branches

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 650 posts · 53 votes

A tenant reported a tree branch fell down in a storm and would like someone to come evaluate the tree so they don’t have to worry about a branch falling on he or his wife. 

Any ideas how to handle this?  Who should I reach out to?

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @Steve S. I’d just go over and look at it. If it’s near the house I’d probably take it down

  • Amanda PaugasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Vernon Rockville, CT · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    I would have a professional tree company look at it. Even if you know what you’re talking about when it comes to trees, the tenants will probably feel better that a licensed professional rendered an opinion on it. They might be able to offer a different suggestion, such as removing a couple of branches instead of the whole tree. They would also be able to let you know if the tree could be diseased, in which case it would be best to take care of it before it causes more damage.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.