• Rental Property Investor
  • Norfolk, VA
Votes |
HELP!! VACANT RENTAL!

Maya Torres
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Norfolk, VA
Posted Oct 15 2019, 10:05

Ok guys. So maybe my title is a little bit dramatic. I’ve had my rental unit listed for almost a week now. It’s gotten the most views out of other comparables in the neighborhood, few have reached out for a viewing, and 1 unqualified application.

Backstory...

Rental is listed for $875 in Norfolk, VA by the base (just in case people are familiar). Utilities paid by tenant. Central heat and AC. Washer dryer in unit. It's not the prettiest piece of property but it's well very maintained. Not raggedy.

1.5 years ago I listed my other unit for rent February time frame. At that time I listed it for $875, tenants paid gas/electricity, landlord (me) paid water, sewage, trash. (Not happening again. Sewage/trash is doable but water..no) There was no central heat and AC at that time.

I received a lot of contacts off of this. Now it didn’t actually rent till I dropped the price from $895 to $875. It was rented in 2 weeks. I’m not on the same track this time around. I also had a For Rent sign in front but I received many contacts online.

My question is...

What should I do? Wait it out few more weeks? Drop the rent? Put up a For Rent sign? List on more than 3 platforms? Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads is where I am now. I had good contact last time so I didn’t think I needed to do any other websites. Could it be that last time the landlord paid water and that was a good incentive? Should I drop my price even though there’s now central cooling? Who knows what’s going on peeps. I’m gonna move forward figure out life but I thought I’d get some suggestions first or maybe some trend analysis I’m unaware of because I’m fairly new to the game? 2 years in. Help me out please.

Loading replies...