Is marketing to landlords for subject to and lease options good?

10 Replies

I wanted to market to landlords about subject to, owner financing and lease options for their rental properties, is this still a good strategy, and where should i look to find them? What should i say?

Originally posted by @Joshlee Ulysse :

I wanted to market to landlords about subject to, owner financing and lease options for their rental properties, is this still a good strategy, and where should i look to find them? What should i say?

It kinda depends. How many Subject To's have you done?

Account Closed  I have not done any, i am new to investing, but i do like the subject to and lease option strategies, since my funds are limited, but my creativity is not.

@Mike M.  I have not done any, i am new to investing, but i do like the subject to and lease option strategies, since my funds are limited, but my creativity is not.

Yes, Subject To works Great! When you know what you need to know and have plenty of access to cash & use title reports and escrow, have disclosures for both sides, are honest to the seller about what you are doing (in writing), record the deed, have proper insurance, and always pay the mortgage on time. If you aren't willing to do those things or can't do any one of these things don't try Subject To. It isn't a game. It isn't "zero down".

In the current climate, prosecutors get promoted for finding people who abuse mortgage law and take advantage of people. To that point, most mortgages are backed by the US Govt and most mortgages are paid by check through the mail or by electronic transfer which adds bank fraud to the charges (all of which involves the interest of the Feds.) When a mortgage isn't being paid, a report is prepared for "non performing assets" which gets reported and investigated. So, don't go there. Be trained properly and have plenty of cash or don't try this at home.

@Mike M. Thank you my brother!

Just trying to keep you out of trouble. Look up Sean Terry and Max Maxwell on youtube and see if that appeals to you. Also, Ron Legrand.

I think that it would help you stick out in the pile of mail if your offer is sub2, OF, etc, as opposed to all the fast cash guys. However, if that's going to be your niche, remember to have your brand put together. What problems are you solving for the landlords? What do they really need? How can you make your offer clear to show how you are helping that?

Today's property owners are more sophisticated. They don't blindly call letters and post cards anymore. They look people up. They research pro's and cons. Can this "fast cash guy" actually close on my house?

Probably not. I think you should take a look at the thread I've linked below before you get too far into the Sub2 game.

"Subject To" Real Estate Investing is Slimy. Prove me Wrong.

Originally posted by Account Closed Thank you my brother!

Just trying to keep you out of trouble. Look up Sean Terry and Max Maxwell on youtube and see if that appeals to you. Also, Ron Legrand.

I have been following Ron LeGrande and I have downloaded all his agreements and forms, i am in Florida too, so i believe i should be ok with his agreements.  Because my funds are limited, i am leaning towards lease options or owner financing as strategies. I just figured that since landlords are already getting monthly payments, they would be a more sensible market to target to do this with.