• Developer
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Small Deals Mean Wasting Time & Making Small Money

Michael Ealy
  • Developer
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Dec 9 2019, 13:28

For those of you who don't know me, I have been investing in real estate since 1999 and I have acquired about 3,000 apartment units (and houses) and I still own 1,000 apartment units today.

I also own 45 houses and several plots of land. And I buy hotels all over the country now.

My passive income in one month is more than what an average American makes in 1 year.

And knowing what I know now...here's my realization that may shock some of you:

Small deals (singe family homes and apartment buildings below 10 units) are not good because...

1.  They don't make as much money...

2.  Too much of a hassle for my team to manage (I have in-house property management and construction/renovation companies)...

and

3. Believe it or not, takes up MORE time to manage than the bigger deals

Good thing I transitioned over to bigger deals...specially hotels.

I mean, my latest hotel acquisition already made $160,000 in tax free income with a $1.7 MILLION investment in just 3 months! And I didn't really do anything.

No stress. This is really passive income. If I die tomorrow, my kids will gladly inherit hotels and they can run them because of professional hotel management and their franchised business model.

That's a true legacy.

In contrast, my houses and smaller apartments...at best, I can classify them as "semi-passive" income. My kids will not be able to manage them and maybe even hate me for even sticking them with "problems".

So, the sooner you can transition to BIG deals, the better.

If I get enough responses to this post, I will answer the question: HOW can one go from a small deal to a BIG deal in a hurry?

I will also gladly answer other questions you may have...

Who wants to go first?

Loading replies...