Property Management in Fresno, CA

2 Replies

Hi All,

I am in the process of researching property management companies in Fresno, CA but I am not finding much information on yelp or other sites (not enough reviews). I figured this would be a great question for BP. Does anyone have a good property management company that they could refer me to?

I suggest you self-manage. You'll make more money and if you screen tenants well, it shouldn't take up a lot of your time. I read your intro thread and you said you're looking to buy where you live, so it shouldn't be difficult. It's really hard to make money with a property manager. You'll end up spending more than just the monthly fee. I mentioned this book in your other thread, but I'll post it here, too. It's a great book on landlord-tenant law in California, contains all the contracts and forms you need, written by lawyers, and it's not a difficult read:

https://store.nolo.com/products/the-california-landlords-law-book-lbrt.html

It was my bible for almost 10 years managing 26 units in Santa Clara.  I tweaked the month to month contract to add what I wanted to change, like parking lot rules, etc.  The contracts are all editable.