Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Tashsa Holmes
Votes |
What should l do about my goof after showing unit?

Tashsa Holmes
Posted Oct 18 2020, 02:45

Wondering the best way to handle this. I appreciate the help.

We have a small one bedroom lower unit that we haven't rented out. Its taking awhile to rent. I was looking for one person due to size of unit which is how we rented in the past but have had alot of couples interested which l turned away. So l decided to open it up to couples recently and I ended up talking to guy on phone and then my property manager showed unit to this guy. His wife is not here which he mentioned prior and not sure exactly when she will be but he is thinking sometime in the new year. The unit is for both of them.

Unfortunately l forgot to mention this prior to him and my hubby reminded me today that we have to met her. We've always in past with both units have met face to face anyone renting our units. We feel strongly about this, its part of our criteria. Normally since l goofed ld probably explain to that person and just let the person know before they do application. But we are in Ontario and he is disabled and l dont know if lm allowed to say that to him now to let him know or wait for application?  He plans on going to housing and getting his funds increased since he can't afford the rent right now as is. He still has to apply and met our requirements so lve not said he has place. So do l wait and see or let him know right now about needing to met wife as part of the criteria? 

Loading replies...