• Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland OH
Votes |
Covid related tenant stress

Michelle Fenn
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland OH
Posted Oct 18 2020, 07:45

Just this morning I was informed that a tenant had passed away.   This is the second time I have received this information in the past month.    The first was a single mother of a 7 year old.   She had expressed to me that Covid was stressing her out, clean for years she started taking drugs and overdosed.    Today we were told that a former school teacher of disabled children, fell down the stairs the result of alcohol poisoning.  Over the past 6 month almost at all the duplexes we manage. there are issues with the the other tenants in the home.   Reports of child abuse are down 40%.    As a former social worker, I am becoming very aware that as landlords and property managers we are becoming the first line of defense to protect vulnerable tenants. I am now making a point of contacting Children's Services when I observe problems in a rental unit.    I can not be the only property manager dealing with this.    I think it would helpful be for us to share ideas on how to handle these tragic situations.  

Loading replies...