• Morton Grove, IL
Votes |
Buildium vs Quickbooks for 28 unit landlord

Siraj Ahmed
  • Investor
  • Morton Grove, IL
Posted Dec 3 2020, 13:41

Hello Hello BP - 

A lot of you have probably resolved this dilemma so I am looking for your advice on quickbooks vs Buildium for me. I invest and manage my own rentals with investor partnerships. 

I am looking for monthly P&Ls, balance sheet and financial reports and want to get out of excel because of the manual entry required. 

I was sold on Buildium but when i sat through their demo, i am not sure if its the right solution for me. I will need to create manual entries for each expense that is paid outside of Buildium. I pay my contractors through Zelle or check payment or my credit card for home depot, insurance, other purchases. These will have to be manually entered into Buildium anyway. (reconciling wont solve this issue because for every expense in bank account, we will need to create a manual entry anyway). 

Instead, why not use quickbooks and link my CC and bank charges and it will import each transaction and i can assign the right category to it? I can delegate this down to a VA instead of paying Buildium $100 a month.

Question is: am i thinking right in just using Quickbooks online to solve my purpose or use Buildium? I dont want to incur cost of using QB and Buildium monthly. Why would I want to use buildium over quicbooks for my purpose?

thanks in advance

Loading replies...