Rent Calculator for Furnished House?

Rent Calculator for Furnished House?

Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 5 votes

Hello all, I know bigger pockets has a rental calculator as well as Airbnb calculator. Just curious if there was another tool out there that you recommend to compare rates for fully furnished rentals?

Besides using the Airbnb Calculator. I just went to Airbnb and looked what other where renting for from now until January 2022 (that’s as far Airbnb will let me go). Want to make sure I am being realistic while being competitive that still provides me a decent cash flow. Thanks!

0Reply
30 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    5y

    What numbers are you hoping to get that these calculators will not give you? There is no difference in how the numbers are calculated even if the unit is coming to you furnished, you just need to factor in that most lenders will not lend on the furnishings which will increase your cash needed to close.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    I personally don't rely on calculators to determine my return. I study the actual market with real-time data. Look at AirBnB, VRBO, craigslist, property management companies, and whatever resources you can find. Look for comparable homes then see what rates they are charging and what their bookings look like. I think personal analysis will be more accurate than any computer estimate.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.