Rental Qualifications Thread - 2021

3 Replies

Good Morning All,

What's your minimum rental criteria in 2021 to rent your properties?

If possible, list the state your properties are in and the qualifications in these areas...

Rental History:
Income:
Credit:
Legal History:

Just curious: do you change your screening criteria every year? My requirements are the same as they've been for ten years: make approximately 3x the rent, no eviction in the past five years, clean criminal, credit of 650, solid Landlord reference for at least one year. There are many other variables and just because someone has a negative in one of those areas doesn't mean we deny them. Our screening determines a level of risk and I'll rent to just about anyone if I can find a way to mitigate the risk.

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

Just curious: do you change your screening criteria every year? My requirements are the same as they've been for ten years: make approximately 3x the rent, no eviction in the past five years, clean criminal, credit of 650, solid Landlord reference for at least one year. There are many other variables and just because someone has a negative in one of those areas doesn't mean we deny them. Our screening determines a level of risk and I'll rent to just about anyone if I can find a way to mitigate the risk.

No I don't personally, however I know of a few people who have made changes post pandemic on their requirements.

Similar to what Nathan said. 

income should be 3x the rent, No evictions or felonies on record and credit score should be above 625.