General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Michael Patrick
Votes |
Tenant not cooperating with repairs & asking for reimbursment

Michael Patrick
Posted Aug 1 2021, 16:48

She is a classic problem tenant. We've repaired all her issues in a timely manner of course, most recently her fridge has been leaking, so we set up an appointment which she failed to confirm three times in three days. Then I get the aforementioned letter a few weeks later.

She is saying that we owe her $15,000 dollars for "hospital visits" due to "housing condition" (her unit is totally fine, housing inspects her unit and she has caregivers keeping it clean). She wasn't more specific. We also owe her for when she got heat stroke and had to get a hotel room. She complained about her A/C and it was replaced that day. It's really all so silly. Finally, we owe her for her damaged furniture, again due to "housing conditions". She also lists many many other minor things.

Any tips or perhaps a way to get rid of her would be greatly appreciated.

Currently my plan is to simply start tackling her list on by one, but I'm unsure of how to reply about the reimbursement. Clearly we're not going to do that. Should I not even mention it or tell her that we have no intention of paying up?

Thanks

Loading replies...