Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Manhattan, NY
Posted Jan 22 2023, 16:02

1 Reply

• 02/04/23 11:30AM - 01:30PM America/New_York
  • Northend Food Hall, 4300 Broadway New York, New York 10033
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Event details

This is a bi-weekly event to network with people who are interested and doing real estate investing. In addition, you can network with other real estate investors at this event and learn about real estate investing.

Who is this event for?

This is for YOU! Because you are reading this, you are interested in real estate. This is an event where you can chat with other investors, and my job is to inspire you. Even if you are an absolute beginner and don't know what to talk about, this is a perfect event to surround yourself with like-minded people. You will be inspired and amazed by how others want to help you. Do you feel like, “I want to help other people, but I am not sure what area I can help?" Then, the host would like to invite you to join the meeting, and the host can help you.

What you get from this event

If you are asking questions such as: How do I even start? Where is a good place to look? Where can I learn more about real estate investing? How do I analyze real estate deals? The host can help you navigate through the industry of real estate investing!

Background of the host

The host is still looking for the first investment property. Since the summer of 2022, he has submitted one offer in New York state property and decided that the supply needs to meet his goal. His plan for the next three years is to obtain ten units in 3 years (i.e., three units per year or at least ten offers submitted weekly!). Since NY supply cannot meet this demand, his focus is shifting to long-distance investing (Columbus, OH or Cleveland, OH). He can tell you the market trend in these areas is much better than in NY.

In Jan. 2023, the host visited Columbus, OH, for a week to see things with his own eyes. The host attended a local meetup, where he met other local investors with five to twenty+ doors in their portfolios. The local investors were kind, welcomed the host with open arms, and shared their contact info, such as real estate agents, property managers, contractors, lenders, and other local investors. The host's network expanded tremendously at this meetup event in OH, and he feels more confident investing in the area with the teams built through networking.

Real estate is people's business, and you alone cannot do everything. So I have to rely on others (attorneys, agents, lenders, contractors, etc.) to be successful, which is my way of giving back—sharing what I know and have learned.

Education x Action = Result

If any of this is interesting, the first step is to attend the event. This is a very inclusive space, and the goal is to grow together no matter where you are in terms of experience. What matters in life is to have a vision/goal, take action, and adjust the vision/goal. There is no wrong answer in this journey, and the path taken will be unique for each of you, and the host is here to help you achieve your goals!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 8 2023, 06:42

Interested in attending in the future, do you ever do anything lower in Manhattan?