Tomorrow Tues 5/20: Worcester Black Diamond - Ever Had Your Contractor Walk Off with Your Money? Finding and Managing Contractors

6 Replies

• 05/20/14 06:00PM
  • Buca di Beppo, 7 Boston Turnpike Shrewsbury, MA 01545
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Had to fire your contractor recently? Or did he walk off the job in the middle of it? Or worse yet, did he simply fall off the planet and never return calls? Did you pay for more work than you received? Managing contractors can be the most difficult part of managing a rehab, and sooner or later, you’ll be faced with a contractor challenge.

Julio E Vega has been managing construction projects for 15 years, both in Latin America and in the US on his own rehab projects.Julio has fine tuned his systems and approaches to maximize his time and efforts as he successfully juggles multiple rehabs.He will share his methods of managing contractors and how he comes in “On time and on budget”:

You will hear:

·Tips on finding contractors, and using referrals

·Establishing your standards, setting the rules (and when to stick to them)

How to put it in writing, and some elements of a good contract

·Payment schedules and milestones

·How to motivate them so that your job gets done on time

·What to do when you can’t, and how to know when it’s time to fire them

·Providing opportunities for both of you to grow

Who: All are welcome, free to attend

What: No fees, no memberships, no selling speakers, no multi-level marketing. Just some great topics and some of the best networking in Worcester, Massachusetts and surrounds. Bring any deals you want to sell, and plenty of business cards

Where: Buca di Beppo, 7 Boston Tunpike, Shrewsbury MA just over Lake Quinsigamond from the Worcester Line

When: 6PM Networking, 6:30 Program starts

What a great topic. I'd come to that event if I was within a 100 mile radius. Instead, I'm spending Tuesday driving 150 miles to do a cash for keys exchange. You'll be having way more fun!

I wonder if this can be video recorded or taped for re-broadcast here on BP. Might offer some investors here some needed insight.

Thanks, @Account Closed . Next time you're in the MA area, let us know, we are always looking for speakers. While we usually look for local people, we'd make an exception for some our our great BP connections.

@Ana Nomys recording and publishing adds a layer of complexity and expense that we are not prepared for. I think Julio might do it, however, if @Brandon Turner was interested in interviewing him for a podcast.

How did the event turn out

@Ana Nomys It was well received, Julio did a great job. Lots of questions, and Julio is providing his contract to those in attendance. We had 82 attendees which is about normal for the Worcester location, we average about 75 in Worcester and 100 in Waltham. Lots of energy and some great networking in the room last night. Of course, I'm biased, admittedly. :-)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here