Chicago Meetup Tuesday July 22nd

Chicago Meetup Tuesday July 22nd

This event is brought to you by:Second City Real Estate

When:

Where:Dino's Pizza 7004 W Higgins Ave Chicago, IL 60656

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes

We are hosting another meetup Event Tuesday July 22nd from 6:30 - 9:30 at Dino's Pizza in Norwood Park located at 7004 W Higgins Ave ( http://www.dinospizzachicago.com/ ) It is about 1/4 a mile from the Norwood Blue Line and they have a private room we are going to try out

This is for all types of investors in Chicago, Naperville, Aurora, Joliet, North Shore and Suburbs.  This is a networking event not sponsored by any product, service, or company. Just a group of people who want to get together, make introductions, and form business relationships.

We had a really big group last time - which was fantastic - but it was almost too many people to meet everyone you wanted to meet, so we are going to do something a little different this time.  I am asking everyone (not required of course) to email me at [email protected]  a short description of themselves and what they are looking for.   Keep it to 2 sentences please.  What I will then do the day before the event is email out the list of people and descriptions so that at the event you will already have an idea of who you want to talk to.  We are going to try this out and see if it works.

2Reply
85 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 385 posts · 702 votes
12y

Hey brie I just saw this and I was actually forming my email to you lol. You know i'll be there can't wait!

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 385 posts · 702 votes
    12y

    Hey brie I just saw this and I was actually forming my email to you lol. You know i'll be there can't wait!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 110 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the heads up @Brie Schmidt. Can I also suggest name tags? :-)

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Brie, that week is a busy one for me because I will be out of town Thursday of that week...so I might not be able to attend. 

    If I can't make it this month, I will definitely be there next month.

    But for those of you who have not attended it, I strongly recommend it.  I met several buyers and great BPers there last time I attended it.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    No plans I can think of - I'm there.

  • Investor & Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Awesome! The June meetup was my first one and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to meeting more people. Thanks @Brie Schmidt 

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Ana N. - Yes, we did name tags the last one.  Also thinking of doing some color coding system.  Something like:

    I am looking to buy property 

    I am looking to sell property

    I am looking for financing

    I am looking for partners

    @George Foster and I are playing around with it right now but ideas are welcome

    @Wendell De Guzman - Hope to see you again!

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    looking forward to it! Had a great time and met great people at the last meetup.

  • Homeowner · Chicago Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Sounds great. I'll send you the email tomorrow. I had to miss last month, so this will be my first. I can't wait to meet everyone. Thanks again for setting these up.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2011 · 345 posts · 120 votes
    12y

    I may be a little late, but will be there. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you!

    Jeff

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt I hope to make this one since I missed the last one.  I don't have my work schedule for that week yet, but will email you once I know.

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @John Casmon Looking forward to seeing you again!

    @Brent Mattison @Jeff Valentino @Josh Bryan Looking forward to meeting you all

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 180 posts · 72 votes
    12y

    I'll be out of town, but I definitely recommend you come if you haven't been to one yet! Great opportunity to meet local investors and network.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    The last event was great!  You did a great job and I really liked how we introduced ourselves at the beginning of the meeting.  This helped me to know who to speak with for my particular needs.  I look forward to this next meeting and will send you the info requested. 

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt First, I want to congratulate you for your BP podcast interview ( podcast #078). I will do my best to make it there. Hopefully, I won't get lost this time around. 

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    I just got my work schedule for that week and I'll be working until 8:30.  Guess I'll have to shoot for next time. :(

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 153 votes
    12y

    I think this is a great idea. I hate I wasn't able to make the last meet up, but I will most definitely be there. Thanks @BrieSchmidt

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Daniel I. - We will see you at the next one then!

    @Rose M. - Got it!  See you tomorrow

    @Steven Rhodes - Thank you!  This is a different place than before but in the same general area

    @Josh Bryan - Not sure if you work close but we will be there till at lease 9:30 (usually 10:30)

    @Larmon Cummings Jr - Look forward to seeing you

    I hope to see everyone at the Chicago MeetUp Tomorrow!

    Please remember to email me (not required of course) a short description of yourself and what you are looking for. Keep it to 2 sentences please. Tomorrow at noon I will email out the list of people and descriptions so that at the event you will already have an idea of who you want to talk to.

    [email protected]

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 15 votes
    12y

    Count me in! I'll be running late. See you all after 8p.

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Just a reminder TONIGHT is the Meetup!  I have gotten about 30 emails for people who want to share their info before the event.  So if you want to be on that email send me what you do and what you are looking for by noon today [email protected]

    Keywords: Chicago, Indiana, Illinois, Milwaukee, Joilet, Naperville, Schaumburg, Aurora, 

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    I'm not going to be able to make this one. I'll be in Geneva until 9pm

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Ok, that sounds far away

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Looks like I actually won't be able to make it now, but I look forward to the next event. 

  • Joey NakayamaPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 129 posts · 68 votes
    12y

    Sorry to miss this one @Brie Schmidt ...looking forward to the next!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt 

    I had to work late yesterday and just could not make it. I will be at the next one as I will put in some leave time whenever you make the announcement. I know everyone had a great time networking.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.