Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.
Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes
Greetings:
I hope all is well and circumstances are favorable.
This is a friendly reminder we will be meeting 3pm this Sunday (October 22nd) at a recently completed rehab project. The house is located in the Ledroit Park/Bloomingdale neighborhood of NW DC. This area is experiencing explosive growth and price appreciation.
If you’ve been following the video series you’ll know this is my largest renovation project ($350K) and needless to say, there are, many, many lessons learned and stories to share about this nearly $1.4M project.
If you have already RSVP’d then I am looking forward to meeting with you then. If you have not done so, please register via the following link
As you can see from the link below, we were able to transform this ugly house into a truly, beautiful home (6 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 3 decks including a gorgeous roof deck with spectacular views of the Washington Monument and DC skyline etc.).
Since this is a buy, fix and sell property (i.e. a flip) , – during Sunday’s workshop, I will discuss, amongst other things, why this exit strategy was chosen and the finer details of this strategy.
Since the last rehab workshop was very successful, I am proposing to repeat the format of Sunday’s workshop to include more time for networking and interaction amongst attendees. The proposed format will be as follows:
1.Welcome and property walk-thru: You are encouraged to conduct an informal room-by-room walk-thru and to check out the house
2.Education – Review how the property was located, financed, renovated, marketed and sold or rented. The focus will be on providing practical real world information about the nuts and bolts of this project along with the good, bad, ugly and lessons learned
3.Light refreshments and networking: Meet, greet and mingle – socialize and network with like-minded people that are interested in real estate investing and are striving for financial independence. Meet new contacts and do business. Whether you’re an investor (beginner, intermediate or seasoned), service provider (e.g. realtor, contractor, lender, appraiser, home inspector, architect, attorney, property manager etc.) or just trying to “figure it out” there will be attendees that can help you and/or who you can do business with.
Come meet and network with other like-minded people. The session is free and will be 100% education – there are no hidden agendas and no selling.
I hope to see you this Sunday and I strongly encourage you to set aside time in your busy schedule attend. I envision another good turnout. You will not be disappointed.
Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes
8y
Thanks for the feedback. I will be hosting another workshop in a few weeks at another rehab project in the DC area. I hope to see you then. Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of assistance.