Bay Area Commercial & Multifam (BACOMM)

15 Replies

This event is brought to you by:
  • 05/31/18 08:00PM - 09:30PM America/Los_Angeles
  • 4500 Great America Parkway, 3rd Floor Santa Clara, California 95054
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

The purpose of BACOMM is to empower investors of all experience levels to gain tools and knowledge to evaluate and purchase commercial & multifamily real estate investments.

We talk to a lot of really smart investors in the Bay Area who are already thinking of buying real estate or have purchased rental homes, but feel that commercial real estate is too unfamiliar or intimidating to consider. Our goal is to dispel the myth that investors have to start with rental homes and graduate to duplexes and fourplexes, eventually working up to commercial, when in fact, people can diversify right away into commercial investments if they know what to look for and what questions to ask.

Most Real Estate Investment Groups have an emphasis on houses and commercial is often thought of as difficult, expensive, unfamiliar, and the territory of institutions rather than individuals. We see commercial and multifamily as an opportunity to utilize economies of scale and offset some market-based economic risk.

The group will focus on education to understand and evaluate commercial real estate deals and how to invest actively or passively through instruments like syndications. It will include commercial, multi-family, industrial, office, retail, development, and other commercial real estate assets.

Great Gagandeep, please RSVP on meetup.com/BACOMM. Next month's topic is Multifamily Financials and Lease Negotiations. In May, we have Dr. Doug Duncan, Chief Economist of Fannie Mae speaking, so you'll definitely want mark your calendar ahead for that!

I'm anxious to attend

Thank you Paul! We look forward to seeing you there.

Hi Tom Wilson,

Would this meetup benefit an aspiring investor like me? 

@Michael Bangsal absolutely! Even if you are not ready to invest, education and networking is a great place to start. Once you are ready to invest, you will already have the knowledge and tools to take action with confidence. 

Our mission is to provide education about commercial & multifamily real estate to ALL experience levels. We found that many investment clubs focus on rental homes, and the clubs that do focus on commercial cater toward seasoned brokers/investors. BACOMM is the middle ground for people to get educated, regardless of their experience level.

Hi Tom, just checking -- is RSVPing on Bigger Pockets sufficient or should I be signing up on meetup.com as well? I didn't see this particular event date on meetup. 

Hi @Connie Chan . Thanks for your interest! Please sign up on https://www.meetup.com/BACOMM/events/sdqgmpyxhbpc/. There is a $10 admission price.

I'm a new investor and would like to attend the BACOMM meetup.

Thank you @Celeste Mina , please RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/BACOMM/events/sdqgmpyxhbpc/. Looking forward to seeing you there!

When is next event? I'm eager to attend! Thanks!

Hi @Steve Sun , visit www.bacomm.club for all upcoming event info!

**UPCOMING EVENT**

Bay Area Commercial & Multifamily investment club

August 30 @ 7 - 9PM

4500 Great America Parkway, 1st floor, Santa Clara

Free of charge

Victor Menasce is a serial entrepreneur who got his start in business designing microprocessors in Silicon Valley. Along the way, he conducted business in over 15 countries, participated in several mergers and acquisitions, syndicated numerous real estate projects, and developed executive leadership skills. Victor noticed that there was a formula for raising money, which he writes about in his latest book "Magnetic Capital".

You will learn:
- Why most startups fail
- How to raise money for your business or real estate deal
- How to start a profitable business day 1
- How you can apply this to your investment strategy

Appetizer and wine networking starts at 6:30 PM, and this event is free of charge. Guests are welcome to attend.

RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/BACOMM/events/247194082/

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here