East Valley Phoenix ( Chandler ) REI Meet-Up

22 Replies

• 08/07/18 06:00PM - 08:00PM America/Phoenix
  • Boardroom of Mark IV Capital, Mark IV Capital - 2301 E. Yeager Suite 5 Chandler, Arizona 85286
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

All are welcome - casual meet up for real estate investors of all experience levels. This is our second time meeting as a group. We had about a dozen attendees last month.

No cost to attend, nothing is being sold, this is simply an open discussion group. 

Bring your real estate questions, experiences, needs, wants, etc. for an open discussion where you may learn something or teach something to someone else. Maybe you'll meet a future investing partner or service provider here? 

Please RSVP by replying to this thread so we can get a head count. 

Thanks!

DeWitt Gibson 

Hi Everyone! My wife and I are new to real estate, and we are in the process of closing on our first house (a short sale in Gilbert currently awaiting HUD approval), and if this works out well, we are planning on buying another distressed property in about two years and renting this one out.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Updated about 2 years ago

Here is a link to more info about our 1st Deal: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/103/topics/595551-our-1st-deal-lakefront-short-sale-near-downtown-gilbert-az?page=1#p3576687

Did anyone else see this property at 2109 W COLTER ST, Phoenix, AZ 85015? MLS # 5803510: Fourplex near Camelback and 21st Ave. for $350k.

It just came on the market today and liked what I saw when I drove by so we made an offer. They already had two offers on it, so we came in strong. I'll let you all know if they accepted our offer tomorrow.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday September 12 6-8pm at Mark IV Capital. Please watch for a new posting in the events section. 

See you there! 

Updated about 2 years ago

Update! The date has been changed to Sept 18 6-8pm

I'm in. Looking forward to another great meeting! 

I previously posted that we made an offer on a fourplex, and it was accepted. Unfortunately the seller informed us that he would not be vacating the property at COE, and neither would his mother and brother, who lived in another unit. A third unit was occupied by a tenant that had stopped paying rent, and the fourth had a family of five that was moving out but didn't know when. Considering the state of disrepair that the property is in and all the tenant issues, we backed out. The rents that the listing agent provided us with were merely wishful thinking..

We then made an offer on a duplex in Uptown Phoenix (at 3rd Ave and Glenrosa), which was accepted and our inspection is tomorrow. Wish us luck!

@Ty Wightman Great Job!  Your looking at opportunities, making offers, and getting to the next level... you're in the GAME!!!

I'm shocked about the Fourplex and the lack of disclosure by the Realtor that the Seller intended post-possession.  This is something that should have been clearly stated right up front.  I would recommend you re-evaluate that particular Realtor; I think you can do better.

Good luck on the Duplex!