Votes |
NNJ REI Meetup: How to House-Hack in North Jersey w/ Guest #210

Sunny Burns
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Garfield, NJ
Posted Feb 8 2019, 07:14

22 Replies

• 02/27/19 07:00PM - 09:30PM America/New_York
  • Magnolia Room, Top Floor of Clifton Family Church, 78 DeMott Ave Clifton, New Jersey 07011
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Order of Events:

• 7pm-7:30pm: Introductions by Attendees
  • 7:30-8:15pm: Sunny Burns Talk (BiggerPockets Guest #210)
  • 8:15-9:30pm: Group Discussion & Mingling

Description:

Hello everyone, my name is Sunny Burns, and together with @Marcin Ferenc (NNJ Landlord & Flipper) we are starting this Monthly Meet-Up for anyone (Newbies and Experienced Investors Welcome) interested in Real Estate in Northern New Jersey.

I was on the BP podcast Episode #210 and shared how I acquired my first quadplex in Garfield, NJ in 2015.

On February 27th, after a short introduction from all the attendees, I will give a talk about how my Wife and I - a family of four on one income - were able to house-hack our way from $0 to $1 million in real estate in less than 2-years, and how just those two houses (Quadplex in Garfield & Triplex in North Arlington), bring in $100k/year in gross rents.

I will also share some of the unique tactics and strategies I am using to find our next deal.

After the talk, the plan is to open the door for group discussions and mingling.

It will be an informal low-key event. The structure is more of a guideline.

The plan is to order a few pizzas, if you come hungry just bring a few bucks – so we can keep this going for next time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from each other.

P.S. This is not just for Bergen County. Marcin invests in Passaic County. Other surrounding counties are welcome too: Essex County, Hudson County, Morris County...

Loading replies...