Part I: Rental Sales and Marketing, Including Ad Roast
We'll be discussing all things advertising, including screening applicants on craigslist, which places are the best to advertise vacancies, and how to make sure you have the minimum vacancy loss. We'll treat this as a presentation by MassLandlords staff that attendees will get to critique and modify with their own two cents. We also hope to have an ad roast, which is to say, we will find advertisements for non-member properties, put them up on the screen, and point out things that are done badly, illegally, or just entertainingly. Suggestions welcome, of course, email [email protected].
This part of the presentation will be presented/moderated by MassLandlords emcee Rich Merlino.
Part II: Ask the Experts, Including when the Bubble Bursts
Some folks are wondering how rental properties can be a good investment when the asking prices aren't justified by the rents. Is there a bubble? What can we do now to prepare for when it bursts? This and more will be the subject of our "Ask the Experts" panel, in which experienced landlords and investors will take the stage to answer any question you might have about anything. We will start the conversation by asking about the bubble, how to manage gut rehabs, and why you shouldn't invest in real estate from an IRA.Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked."No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them. We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, April 10th
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Worcester, Shrewsbury, Millbury, Auburn, Leicester, Paxton, Holden, West Boylston, Boylston, Grafton, Upton, Northbridge, Sutton, Oxford, Charlton, Spencer, Oakham, Rutland, Princeton, Clinton, and Sterling.
- 6:15pm Buffet Dinner by The Vintage Grille
- 6:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Rich Merlino Meeting Introduction
- 7:05pm Rich Merlino Advertising and Ad Roast
- 7:30pm Ask the Experts, When the Bubble Bursts, Gut Renovations
- 9:00pm Doors close
Worcester Technical High School
1 Skyline Dr
Worcester, MA 01603
There is ample free parking in the first lot you see, in the covered garage to your left, on top of the garage (entrance further down road), and around the back of the school
- Cheese and crackers, sodas, water, coffee, decaf
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad, rolls
- Cookies, brownies, and/or blondies
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email [email protected], we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Public: $24
- Members: $19
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $22
- Members: $14
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing