Afraid of tapping in on 600k of equity

Afraid of tapping in on 600k of equity

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi I’m new to BP and I really need some help. I own 5 properties and I have more than 600k in equity and I’m thinking about possibly selling one property or just refinancing to use the cash to leverage more deals like a 10-20 unit building. Can someone please give me some advice. I’ve been playing it safe for a while and I don’t want to miss out anymore.. Thanks in advance for your time and input!

0Reply
31 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Nasire Gilben

    Congratulations on what you have already accomplished! Having that size of equity and rental portfolio is still no small feat. What are your goals? I would first listen to the latest BiggerPockets podcast, Episode 447. The author of the book Vivid Vision discusses how to establish goals to achieve the future you want. I recommend reading Vivid Vision and taking the time to sit down and map out what success in real estate means to you. 

    Sincerely, 

    Josh

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joshua McMillion:

    @Nasire Gilben

    Congratulations on what you have already accomplished! Having that size of equity and rental portfolio is still no small feat. What are your goals? I would first listen to the latest BiggerPockets podcast, Episode 447. The author of the book Vivid Vision discusses how to establish goals to achieve the future you want. I recommend reading Vivid Vision and taking the time to sit down and map out what success in real estate means to you. 

    Sincerely, 

    Josh

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Thank you for taking the time to reply Joshua I really appreciate it. I’m going to definitely check that episode out once I learn how to navigate through BP. I’ve been fortunate enough to get some great deals which positioned me to really take it up a notch. I’m just trying to make some smart calculated decisions.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Nasire Gilben keep your properties. Take out a HELOC and keep buying more properties!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.