Stop Screwing Up Your Airbnb Listing Title — Here’s The Fast Fix

Stop Screwing Up Your Airbnb Listing Title — Here’s The Fast Fix

Michael CalveyPro Member
Head of Sales at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 154 votes

So many hosts waste their prime real estate with Airbnb (the listing title) on generic adjectives and throwaway opinions. If you want more clicks, get straight to the features that matter most to your guests. That means clearly calling out 4+ awesome amenities they can’t resist—like “Lakefront Retreat | GameRoom | HotTub | EV Charger” instead of “Charming Cottage with a Beautiful View.”

Why It Works

  1. Grabs attention with specifics (people love hot tubs).
  2. Tells guests exactly what they can expect, so they’ll click over your competitors.
  3. Makes your property unique—no more “cozy” or “adorable” listings lost in the crowd.

Try This

  • Brainstorm your top must-see amenities.
  • Keep the wording short, clear, and hype-worthy.
  • Swap out any fluff words like “cute,” “lovely,” or “charming.”
4Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruce WoodruffPro Member
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
1y

Good stuff....but you mean 'vacation rental' instead of ABNB, right? There are other sites. Sorry, just a thing of mine..... :-)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    1y

    Good stuff....but you mean 'vacation rental' instead of ABNB, right? There are other sites. Sorry, just a thing of mine..... :-)

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Agreed @Bruce Woodruff. Short Term Rentals. AirBNB is a platform.

    Personally I like a single, eye catching line. I don't like a busy title like you listed @Michael Calvey. That is just me.

    I have no issue staying booked so whatever I am doing is working for us.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    1y

    Yes, @Michael Baum I like a short catchy title too. People get lost in too many words I think....Go with the strongest feature.

  • Michael CalveyPro Member
    OP
    Head of Sales at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 154 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Agreed @Bruce Woodruff. Short Term Rentals. AirBNB is a platform.

    Personally I like a single, eye catching line. I don't like a busy title like you listed @Michael Calvey. That is just me.

    I have no issue staying booked so whatever I am doing is working for us.


     A single, eye catching line that grabs attention with specifics and tells the guests what makes your Airbnb unique is great. You could do something like "Hot Tub Paradise on the Lake + Game Room & EV Station" or "Lakeside Haven: Hot Tub + Game Room (Tesla Ready)" would work great as well. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    I suppose. I just don't like them.

  • Member since 2023 · 188 posts · 111 votes
    1y

    This is must and I agree. The only exception I use is when the property is a high-end unit.

    Informative title makes your property look like a cheap business but it is still way better than common titles like cute, adorable, cozy.

    If you are charging over 1k per night, I think it is better to give more high-end title like 

    Stay with 30,000 trees, tingle your inner artist with lake front retreat

    Just my opinion :)

  • Gary NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Branson, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    1y

    Totally agree with your approach! Your listing title is the first thing potential guests see, so it's got to stand out. Grabbing attention while highlighting your best features is key. Mentioning unique perks like 'Game Room,' 'Lake View,' or 'Pet-Friendly' can really draw people in. I’ve also seen success with titles that create an emotional connection—something like, ‘Ultimate Family Escape with Stunning Views!’ It’s all about catching their eye and making them click.

    Gary Nelson Real Estate, EXP Realty, LLC554 Reviews
  • Garrett BrownPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2024 · 505 posts · 551 votes
    1y

    I agree completely. You only have one first impression with guests browsing OTA's and your hero photo and listing title are crucial. Too many people will put something like "Downtown Condo" when the guest is well aware they are already looking at downtown condos. What sets your lisitng apart? What are the amenities that people will crave in your market? 

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    100 percent! Too bad other hosts don't consider the new expectations we're receiving not only from guests but also OTA sites.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.