Lodging tax gross taxable and deduction amount

Lodging tax gross taxable and deduction amount

Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi,

I am self managing a property in Tuscaloosa, Al. Requesting help on what the gross taxable and deduction amount is entered in the lodging report for the city and state.. my Airbnb Vrbo charges occupancy tax for the guests already. There is also a cleaning fee charged currently to the guests..

thanks in advance..



0Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10mo

I know how it works for my state and counties but this is a sensitive matter, you should contact your local and state tax offices to make sure you are doing everything right - I would not rely on any advice from the internet, even if they are trying to help they may be doing it wrong and penalties for not doing right can be severe.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10mo

    I know how it works for my state and counties but this is a sensitive matter, you should contact your local and state tax offices to make sure you are doing everything right - I would not rely on any advice from the internet, even if they are trying to help they may be doing it wrong and penalties for not doing right can be severe.

  • Mike GrudzienPro Member
    Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I agree: contact the presiding local municipality(s) and confirm the process and requirements.

  • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 35 votes
    10mo

    I got you... According to Airbnb:

    Guests who book Airbnb listings that are located in the City of Tuscaloosa, AL will pay the following tax as part of their reservation:

    • City of Tuscaloosa Lodging Tax: 11% of the listing price, including any cleaning fees, for reservations 29 days or shorter. For detailed information, visit the City of Tuscaloosa Short Term Rental website.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.