Marketing tips for short term rental wanted!

Marketing tips for short term rental wanted!

Rental Property Investor · Sandefjord, Norway · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 87 votes

So I'm about to market my very first short term rental. I have some strategies in place, but I'm looking to see if the community of BP can offer some other helpful tips.

My strategies today are the following:

*List my unit on AirBnB, HomeAway and VRBO

*Create a Website of my own to list my property

*Put small adds in local news papers around in my country.

*Facebook marketing

*Let all my friends and family know, and ask them to spread the word.

Can you guys tell me anything else I should be doing? Any creative ideas?

Thank you so much in advance

0Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

yes, google your competition, see who the top ranking ads are and then copy every word in them.  Let the competition pay money to promote the keywords that you will copy for free.

To your success

Josh

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    yes, google your competition, see who the top ranking ads are and then copy every word in them.  Let the competition pay money to promote the keywords that you will copy for free.

    To your success

    Josh

  • Property Manager · Big Bear Lake, CA · Member since 2013 · 585 posts · 330 votes
    11y

    Hello. I manage lots of vacation homes, as well as my own, so I can help:

    Don't waste your money on newspaper ads. Renters are looking on the internet. 

    List your place on Flipkey. I get more inquiries from them than any other place.

    Start a Google + page and post to it frequently.

    You can always do Google Adwords, but that gets expensive quickly.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sandefjord, Norway · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 87 votes
    11y

    Thank you for your responses. Ill be sure to get on your advice, Josh.

    And @Michelle L. I take your point about people looking online. But is there no or not enough value in trying to reach those that are not looking? I think I will disregard this advice and try it once, but take your words into consideration and make sure to measure its success closely. You are probably right, but considering the news paper ad costs here, I'm gonna try it once or twice. I'll make sure to use Flipkey for sure! And same thing with Google +!

    Really appreciate all your help!

  • Investor · Jericho, NY · Member since 2015 · 171 posts · 148 votes
    11y

    @Morgan Nilsen: Here are a few things that you can try. It depends on the kind of place your vacation rental is in for these to work and also takes a lot of hard work.

    - Go to a local tourist information center and put your ad there. 
    - If its a popular wedding destination, go to all the popular wedding locations and give them your information.
    - If this destination has a lot of conferences, go to the conference centers and give ur information 
    - etc.


    This list can be extended to the type of events/happenings in your area. This can be done online also but can get expensive. You have to make sure that you connect and make relationship with the right people at these locations.

  • Investor · Dunnellon, FL · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    The only  advice I have for you is have a professional photographer take photos of the home! Pictures Sell! It will be a small investment (less than 200$) that will pay off every time someone looks at your ads.  @Morgan Nilsen

  • Rental Property Investor · Sandefjord, Norway · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 87 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    The only  advice I have for you is have a professional photographer take photos of the home! Pictures Sell! It will be a small investment (less than 200$) that will pay off every time someone looks at your ads.  @Morgan Nilsen

     Thank you for your input! Im definitly paying for a great photographer. Even going to have a video made as well. Dont see anyone else doing that and im confused as to why not with our technology today

  • Investor · Dunnellon, FL · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Good thinking! It's amazing how many people do not use Every piece of technology that they can.  Buyers (renters) want to see every angle of the place before they commit.  They are going to spend quite a bit of money and come a long way for vacation.  They want to feel like they looked around and are comfortable there.  I want to see your finished product! I love the video idea! 

  • Investor · Wausau, WI · Member since 2014 · 115 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Tell us more specifics & we may be able to help more.  You might even entice us to rent it from you!  By the way, where is it located?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.